:-)

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

am going to office tomo, after almost two months! :-) feels a lil weird, but am expecting it to be a short stint. just a day or two at best. i hope they finish the formalities fast. below is the resignation letter:


Letter of Resignation


11/9/2006

ED-HR

Ashok Leyland


Dear Sir,

Over the last two years I've had the opportunity to be involved in many Environmental projects in this Company, and also interact with people formally and otherwise at various levels of the organization. From these experiences I have come to the conclusion that it would be futile to work for the creation of a just and sustainable society from within a Corporation, especially within the framework of their current design, vision and core values of competition, limitless growth, and pre-occupation with profits. While I've felt that Ashok Leyland is much better than many other Corporations, I believe that it too suffers from the same deeper systemic afflictions as the other ones do.


So, henceforth I would like to spend my energies working on things I find more meaningful and closer to heart. Like working with children, strengthening local-food systems, community media etc towards this, I would be grateful if I could be relieved from my duties here at AL at the earliest.


I also wish to clarify that my disillusion is with the structure and its priorities and not the people. Maybe with some institutional roles, but not the individuals per se. In fact I've met many warm and kind-hearted people here, whose goodness had given me the hope to carry on for this long despite the frustrating and suffocating circumstances.


Many thanks for the opportunity to work here and all your help during this period. It has been an important learning experience.


Yours Sincerely,


(Naveen Kumar V)


4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home