:-)

Thursday, October 01, 2009

"God, please remind me again and again that I am nothing. Strip me of the consolations of my complacent spirituality. Plunge me into the darkness where I cannot rely on any of my old tricks for maintaining my separation. Let me give up on trying to convince myself that my own spiritual deeds are bound to be pleasing to you. Take all my juicy spiritual feelings, Master, and dry them up, and then please light them on fire. Take my lofty spiritual concepts and plunge them into darkness, and then burn them. Let me only love you, Lord. Let me quietly and with unutterable simplicity just love you. "
- Adapted from The Dark Night of the Soul

3 Comments:

  • ...something I needed to read at this very moment. Thank you.

    By Blogger Unknown, at Friday, October 02, 2009  

  • It's truly beautiful, da... but isn't it perpetuating the illusion of separation even further?

    Asking God to strip away his 'complacent spirituality' is an act of separation in the very instant that he says, "where i cannot rely on any of my old tricks for maintaining my separation".

    What do you think?

    By Anonymous Vinod Sreedhar, at Wednesday, November 18, 2009  

  • maybe maams, am not very sure. devotion is sth i understand less and less these days. is prayer an act of separation, is god sth separate from me to 'pray' to? or am i god itself? or both? both, it and not it.

    there are only more questions than answers with me..

    By Blogger Naveen, at Wednesday, November 18, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home